Previously known as the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Project, the Government Employee Management System (GEMS) is an interactive, web-based Human Resource Management System spearheaded by the Public Service Department of the Prime Minister's Office to effectively manage HR functions and operations of the entire Brunei Civil Service.
Working closely with the Public Service Department of the Prime Minister's Office, BAG Networks designed and implemented on the following GEMS modules:
- Organization Management
- Recruitment Management
- Employee Data Management
- Absence Management
- Benefits Management
- Employee Development Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- Employee Termination and Retirement
- Employee Deployment Management
- A HRM Application that has web based self-service functionalities which include application for leave, benefits and jobs.
- Live. Computer based approval of transaction with workflows embedded into the business process.
- Instant access to queries and reports from GEMS.
- Improve efficiency, access and quality of services to information for the Civil Service.
- Greater transparency in governance through online government process.
- Greater interaction and outreach by His Majesty's Government to the Civil Service and people in general.
- Reduced consumption of paper and elimination of duplication data.
- Provide real time availability to support decision makers in important HR process.